ACFE SA Disclaimer
1. This website belongs to the ACFE South African Chapter.
2. Correspond with the ACFE SA at:
PO BOX 2664, Brooklyn Square, 0075
Jaco de Jager, CEO : +27 12 346 - 1888
3. All communications regarding this website should be addressed to:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright for the content and website design belongs to the ACFE SA or is used under license from third party copyright owners. You are welcome to print pages for your own personal use, but no part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose.
- At certain times this website may feature content related to the law and/or developments in the fraud investigation and prevention field. Such content is intended to provide general guidance only, and should not be regarded as a substitute for taking professional advice in relation to your particular circumstances.
- Content related to the law and legal developments featured on this website is based upon the laws of South Africa, unless otherwise expressly stated. This should be borne in mind, particularly because of the ACFE SA’s link to the ACFE International.
- This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided in order to enhance the interest of other featured content and are not intended to signify that the ACFE SA endorses or otherwise has any responsibility for the content of the linked website.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of the website is subject to the laws of South Africa. Any dispute arising out of the use or publication of this website is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- This website is made available for public viewing on the basis that the ACFE SA excludes, to the extent lawfully permitted, all liability whatsoever for any loss or damage howsoever arising out of the use of this website or reliance upon the content of this website.
- A list of the directors’ names of the ACFE SA and their professional qualifications is available for inspection at the ACFE SA office.
E-MAIL Any electronic mail that you receive from a director, employee or representative of the ACFE SA, or any other person using an ACFE SA e-mail address, including any attachments thereto [the e-mail] is subject to the ACFE SA e-mail disclaimer set out herein.
The e-mail may contain information which is confidential, private, subject to legal professional privilege, or otherwise protected by law. If you are not the stated addressee, or such persons authorised representative, you must:
- notify the sender of this fact immediately by return e-mail, fax or telephone and delete the e-mail from your system;
- refrain from printing, copying, forwarding, or otherwise disclosing any information contained in the e-mail or any part thereof; and
The failure to do so may amount to the unlawful interception of the communication, the infringement of copyright and/or the infringement of the right to privacy, thus exposing you to criminal and/or civil liability.
- refrain from reading, storing, selling or otherwise using any information contained in the e-mail or any part thereof for any purpose, including without limitation, incorporating any information contained in the e-mail into any database or mailing list for whatever reason, including for the purposes of spamming or marketing.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this disclaimer, neither the ACFE SA, the sender of the e-mail, or any other ACFE SA representative will be liable for any loss, damage or expense, of whatever nature, including, without limitation, that caused by the corruption or loss of data, damage to software programmes and interruption of business operations, resulting directly or indirectly from the transmission of the e-mail, including, without limitation, any malicious software code or viruses transmitted together with the e-mail or any corruption to or loss of data contained in the e-mail.
The views and opinions expressed in the e-mail do not necessarily reflect the views and the opinions of the ACFE SA. In particular, no ACFE SA representative or employee may send:
- unsolicited commercial messages (spam).
- messages that infringe on any third party’s intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademarks or other rights (infringing content).
If the e-mail constitutes spam, contains infringing content or offensive content, or was otherwise sent for purposes unrelated to the official business of the ACFE SA, that e-mail is contrary to the ACFE SA electronic communications policy and falls outside of the scope of employment of the individual concerned, and the ACFE SA will not be liable for any loss, damage or expense of whatsoever nature resulting therefrom.
- messages containing content that is offensive, derogatory, racist, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful (offensive content).
The ACFE SA reserve the right to read, monitor, access, block, delete, copy, or otherwise intercept any e-mail transmitted to or from the ACFE SA mail service.
Where the time or date on which the e-mail was transmitted is an issue, unless the content thereof expressly provides otherwise, the ACFE SA will be deemed to have:
- sent the e-mail once reflected in our log files as “sent” on our mail service; and
These disclaimers are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and will be deemed to supersede any terms contained in any e-mail received by the ACFE SA, insofar as these conflict with this disclaimer.
- received, but not deemed to have read an e-mail, once reflecting in our log files as “received” on our mail service.
Kindly contact Jaco de Jager of the ACFE SA at 082 927 2246 or Janine Habig at 012 346 1913 should you have any queries or concerns regarding this disclaimer or e-mail.
The ACFE SA is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of its online visitors and users. On this site, the ACFE SA does not collect personally identified information from individuals (unless they provide it to us voluntarily) unknowingly.
Any information collected is used solely by the ACFE SA and its business partners, who are involved in the operation of this site, for internal purposes. The ACFE SA’s client lists are never sold to third parties and we will not share personally identifiable information with third parties, unless the person who has submitted information has authorised us to do so, or if we are required to do so by law.
ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP
This website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that any material submitted for inclusion in this website complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
The ACFE SA accordingly excludes, to the fullest possible extent permissible under law, any responsibility or liability for any error, or inaccuracy appearing in advertising or sponsorship material.
The ACFE SA provides advertising opportunities only and does not act as agent for an advertiser or sponsor.
VIOLATION AND WAIVER
Should you violate these terms and conditions, or any other rights of the ACFE SA, we reserve the right to pursue any and all legal and equitable remedies against you. If we should fail to enforce any right or provision in these terms and conditions, you agree that this failure does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, or of any other rights or provisions in these terms and conditions.
If a court should find that one or more of the rights or provisions set forth in these terms and conditions are invalid, you agree that the remainder of the terms and conditions shall be enforceable and that, to the extent permitted by law, the court shall give effect to the party’s intentions, as reflected in any such right or provision that has been declared invalid or unenforceable.