Approved Public Benefit Organisation
DANIE DU PLESSIS ACFE SA FOUNDATION
The South African Revenue Service (SARS) approved the DANIE DU PLESSIS ACFE SA FOUNDATION as a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) as it meets the requirements set out in section 30(3) of the Income Tax Act No 58 of 1962 (the Act). The following exemptions also apply and are limited to:
- The DANIE DU PLESSIS ACFE SA FOUNDATION has been approved for purposes of section 18A(1)(a) of the Act and donations to the organisation will be tax deductible in the hands of the donors in terms of and subject to the limitations prescribed in section 18A of the Act with effect from 12 May 2022.
- Donations made to or by the PBO are exempt from Donations Tax in terms of section 56(1)(h) of the Act.
- Exemption from the payment of Estate Duty in terms of section 4(h) of the Estate Duty Act No.45 of 1955
The organisation has been approved for the following public benefit activities:
- Educational enrichment, academic support, supplementary tuition or outreach programmes for the poor and needy.
- The provision of scholarships, bursaries, awards and loans for study, research and teaching on such conditions as may be prescribed by the Minister by way of regulation in the Gazette.
- The provision of funds, assets, services or other resources by way of donation.
- All activities will be carried out in a non-profit manner and with an altruistic or philanthropic intent as prescribed in section 30(1) of the Act.
MAKE A DONATION
The Danie Du Plessis Foundation